HealingDeva.com Forum Index HealingDeva.com
Open discussions about alternative therapies, health concerns, Distance Healing requests, and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Honey...I'm home!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HealingDeva.com Forum Index -> General Conversations & Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selena

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Hi Honey...I'm home! Reply with quote

Well, long time no see. Hmm...gonna take me a bit to figure out this new forum.

I've been thinking about everyone quite a bit lately, and since I've recently heard from Msya and Blue, figured it was a sign to get over myself and get back for a visit. I sincerely hope everyone has been doing well and can't hardly wait for an update!

Guess I should give a high point update of what I've been up to since it's been so long since I've visited. Well, about a year and a half ago I moved towards the outer banks of NC. Absolutely LOVE the area!!! So very much better than where we had been. I'm still homeschooling my son, he's 11 now (wow...hard for me to believe that) and that is still continuing to go very well for us. Think I dropped out of contact shortly after my daughter was born, hard to remember. But anyways...she'll be 3 here in a few months. (Wow again!!) And she's an amazing child! Lot's of fun, high energy, too smart for her own good(scary!). We've also started to buy, remodel and sell old houses. I got so tired of living in renovation projects so this time I insisted we move somewhere that didn't need anything done, but compromised that my husband could pick up project houses. We're in the middle of the first one now and while it's a lot of work and time it's also very rewarding to bring something back from the edge. (hmm...metaphor for my life??? *chuckle*) I've also started doing yoga and pilates back last spring and am absolutely LOVING it!! Have even lost 16 lbs which is a definite bonus. *patting myself on the back*

Well that's the major jist of things. Overall it's been full of new activities and exciting discoveries. Definitely lots of growth and life is good. (though I still ramble a lot when I write, so some things are still the same *grin*)So now I'm going to go explore the new forum a bit and catch up. Just wanted to say hi and let ya'll know I was lurking around again.
Light and Love
Selena
BlueRose
Assistant Host

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Hi Honey.....Welcome Back!!!! **smack** Reply with quote

Soooooo glad you're back & back in my life as well. Think I needed ya.....

Love ya, Blueie

Selena

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Honey.....Welcome Back!!!! **smack** Reply with quote

BlueRose wrote:
Soooooo glad you're back & back in my life as well. Think I needed ya.....

Ya know...I think I needed to come back as well. I had let my own fear and guilt keep me away for far too long. It truly feels good to face that and have a minor victory. Funny the way we sabatoge ourselves, huh?

Gotta remind myself, be the moose. Wink Hmm...did I ever share with ya the moose poem by Thomas Lux I'm referencing? When I find myself taking myself far too seriously I reign myself in by thinking of that. Silly maybe. But effective.

Anywho...how ya doing dear?
Light and Love
Selena
Terri R.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had let my own fear and guilt keep me away for far too long.

Care to expand on that???

Well... whatever the reasons are, it sure is wonderful to see you again! It's been about two years, I think. I had a feeling you were being busy with the new baby, new life, and it sounds as if you've been having a grand time!

I can' believe I missed your post!!

Things are pretty much the same in my corner of the world. My daughter is starting the college app process (sigh)... this feels like pregnancy in reverse... it took 9 months for her to be born, and now in 9 months she'll be leaving home (insert tear here). She's applying to about a dozen places, everywhere from 300 miles away to 3000 miles away.

Amazing how two years can go by and I have nothing new to update you with. Guess I'll have to get out and find something new and exciting to do, eh.

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Terri
Selena

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terri R. wrote:

Care to expand on that???
Terri

Hmm...hard to explain completely. I was going through a "down" period, think some of it to start with may have simply been hormonal after the pregnancy, but it was more than that also. I was also dealing with a crisis of faith, to put it simply(very simply). Even went for a time where I was all but an atheist, not really believing(or perhaps better, daring to believe) in anything. Hope can be a double bladed knife, and it had become too painful for me. Thankfully I've had a few experiences in my life that no matter how much "logic" I tried to use against it, couldn't so easily be ignored. To be honest, I'm still floundering a little with it all. So basically in the beginning I just didn't want to spread around my negativity. Kinda curled up in the proverbial ball and told the world to get lost and leave me alone. Guess I was having a pity party, and was definitely succumbing to the bitterness trap.

Then when I did start getting a little more grounded and back together, I felt guilty for jumping ship and had pretty much convinced myself that it was best to just leave well enough alone. Plus the way I got myself "back together" was basically by getting out and getting busy. Especially with the move I figured that was a perfect opportunity to start over, make a fresh start. I actually have a pretty busy schedule now. I go to the gym several times a week, get together with friends, always trying to find new things to go see and do... This weekend I'm attending a Ren Fest. *smile* Big changes for someone that that could count how many times they left the house in close to 5 years. (not sure if you remember, but I've had difficulties with social phobia)

So time wise I don't have as much to just sit on the computer much any more. But I think I'm healthier and more balanced for it. Less time to focus on self and worry over it all. Actually I really need to get off my butt now and get some erands taken care of. *grin*
Be Well,
Selena
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HealingDeva.com Forum Index -> General Conversations & Introductions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum